Week of May 13, 2013:
- Athletic Events
- Summer Reading expectations have been provided to all 8th through 11th grades. The PTSO has provided order forms and English teachers have been collecting the forms with the required payment. The deadline to order is Monday, May 13th. Contact your English teacher for more information.
Reading List -
Summer Reading List Order Form -
- Senior day is approaching quickly. On May 24th the senior class will go to Fiesta Texas. The cost is only $30 and includes bus transportation, a meal voucher and a day at Fiesta Texas. Return permission forms and money to Mrs. Klumpp or Mr. Atkins.
- Juniors, ACT and SAT late registration deadlines are May 17th. Several college honors programs, college admissions and scholarship deadlines will require your score reports be received by the institution NO LATER THAN October 15th to consider your application complete. If you are, or need to be on the FREE or REDUCED breakfast and lunch plan, see Dr. Vargas-Lew for a free test fee waiver ASAP.
- Students, Naviance is now mobile - Check your Naviance e-mail to find out how you can activate your Naviance college phone app account today!
- Seniors if you are planning to go on a college visit and need it to be an excused absence for senior exam exemptions, please pick up the form in the Principals Office before you go. For more information, please refer to the Senior Exam Exemption policy on page 11 in the Student Handbook.
- Attention Drivers: The parking lot, including the jock lot, are being patrolled. You must have a parking permit in order to park in the student parking areas. Typically, you will get at least one warning before your vehicle is towed. If your vehicle is towed, it will be impounded and will cost over $100 to get it released. Please go online the AHHS website to submit parking permit form. However, you must pay in person with a check or cash. See Mr. Collins.
- The district offers a late bus for students. Please visit the Late Bus Service webpage on the district site for more information.
- Seniors! All males 18 through 25 years of age, including undocumented immigrants, MUST register with the Selective Service System within 30 days of your 18th birthday. If you have not yet registered, you may register online at www.sss.gov or pick up the forms at your nearest post office. Failure to register will affect your eligibility for scholarships and financial aid for college next year and could also lead to fine or imprisonment.