Upcoming Events and information
- 8th grade parents: The 8th grade graduation ceremony will be Tuesday, June 4th, at 7:00 pm. We look forward to you coming for the momentous occasion. As parents are coming into the auditorium, pictures of 8th graders are needed that can be scrolling. Please send any electronic pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8th Grade T-shirts: T-shirts will be on sale at the Athletic Banquet on May 1st and at 8th grade Graduation on June 4th!
- Forgot To Order A Yearbook?? Didn’t Stand in Line At Mule Market???- Don’t Miss Out On Memories!!!! to Order Your Yearbook. Here’s your Chance to Order Your Yearbook. First come first serve; there is a limited amount! In order to purchase a yearbook, please follow these instructions carefully: Fill out the ORDER FORM and place it in an envelope with the following: Your check or cash in the amount of $36.00 for each yearbook purchased made out to AHJS PTO!! Place the envelope in the box provided located in the Attendance Office or mail to Debi Flume 560 Argo Avenue, 78209. If purchasing for more than one child, please fill out a separate form for each. Questions?? E-mail Debi Flume email @ email@example.com if you want to know if you are already on the purchased list! We can check for you! Yearbooks will be given out on the last day of school.
- Alamo Heights Pool Sharks summer swim team registration is Tuesday April 16 from 5:30-8:00 PM at the Alamo Heights City Hall. Open to ages 6-18, with the season running from May 13-July 1. Come out to refine your strokes and participate in healthy swim competition against other area teams. Visit http://www.ahpoolsharks.com for more information.
- Students wishing to apply for a PE waiver must meet the stated criteria to be eligible and must complete the on-line form and return it to Coach Michelle Boyer by March 29th.
- Round Up your friends for the 2013 Mule Team Tailgate Party!!!! This annual fundraiser will be Thursday, April 11th, from 7-10 pm at the Pearl Stable. If you are interested in purchasing a table or individual tickets, please contact Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other questions contact Christine Tyng, Barbara Iverson, or Sandi Taylor.
- Summer School: 8th grade students who do not pass the Reading and/or Math STAAR state assessment are required to attend summerschool.Students must pass the STAAR test to move on to 9th grade. Additionally, students (grades 6--8) who are failing core classes (Math, Reading, English, Science, Social Studies) must attend summer school in order to be considered for promotion. More info to follow; however, here are the dates to set aside: June 17 -- July 12 (July 4 and 5 will be student holidays). The days are from 8:00--3:00 Monday–Friday.
- AHHS Summer Programs: Are you interested in summer school programs offered by AHHS? For information such as the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematic (STEM) program and the summer school application, visit http://www.ahisd.net/campuses/ahhs/students_parents/summer_programs.html
- Summer at Heights 2013: Area students, incoming K-8th grade, can select from more than 150 exciting courses being offered by some of AHISD's finest teachers and local professionals. Browse the brochure and register NOW! Classes are filling fast. http://www.ahisd.net/summeratheights/brochure.html
- Head Start/Pre-K Recruitment: Registration will be at Howard ECC on May 7 & 9, 2013, 8:30 am–3:00 pm. The child must be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1, 2013 in order to register for Head Start/Pre--K. For more information call Ana Tovar at 210-485- 8652 or Brenda Ruiz at 210-370-5630. A copy of the flyer can be found on our website at http://www.ahisd.net/stupar/studentflyers.html.
- 2013 Mighty Mules Basketball Camp is June 10-14, 2013 for boys who just completed 1st through 5th grades and girls who just completed 6th–9th grades. A copy of the flyer can be found on our website at http://www.ahisd.net/stupar/studentflyers.html.
- AHHS Spring Cheer Clinic, pre-k-8th grade; Saturday, April 6, 2013; 9am-12:00 pm at AHHS Muledome; $35 a child including t-shirts and pictures with the cheerleaders. E-mail Tara Gibbs (TaraAnneGibbs@hotmail.com.) A copy of the flyer can be found on our website at http://www.ahisd.net/stupar/studentflyers.html.
- Blue & Gold Baseball Camp will be June 17-20, 2013 at the AHHS Baseball Complex. For more information email email@example.com. A copy of the flyer can be found at http://www.ahisd.net/stupar/studentflyers.html.
- Blue & Gold Football Camp - will be June 24-28, 2013 at the AH HS Baseball Field. This camp is open to any boy in the San Antonio area who will be attending the first, second and third grade this fall. A copy of the flyer can be found on the AHISD website at http://www.ahisd.net/stupar/studentflyers.html.
- Cornerstone Warriors Football and Cheer Camp is now registering for spring and fall football and cheer on Sunday, March 24,2013, 1:00-5:00 pm, at Olmos Basin Park. For more information visit http://www.cswarriors.com. A copy of the flyer can be found on our website at http://www.ahisd.net/stupar/studentflyers.html.
- Art Camp: Summer Art Camp at St. Peter’s Community Annex for students entering 4th grade and up. For more information contact Mrs. Lunsford e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of the flyer can be found on the AHISD website at
- San Antonio Youth Flag Football: If you are interested in paying flag football you can register online at the web site www.sanantonioyouthflagfootball.com. A copy of the flyer can be found at http://www.ahisd.net/stupar/studentflyers.html.
- Walzem YMCA Sports: Early registration is currently being held for baseball, soccer, girls volleyball, and basketball. For more information call 210-656-5777 or register online at www.ymcasatx.org. A copy of the flyer can be found on the AHISD website at http://www.ahisd.net/stupar/studentflyers.html
- District Directory Information 2011-2012
Awards and Spotlight